Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What happens ...

... with the Burrum Ladies, stays with the Burrum ladies.

Just want to say that the first night has been a lot of fun, and I have broken my Paleo program and I drank wine tonight.

The table was full of goodies, like cheese, cabanossi, gerkins, crackers, dips, chips and pates, but I didn't touch any of that.

Dinner was prawns, ham, chicken, salads and breads. I had prawns and salad.

So my only downfall has been the wine, but I planned this holiday before I planned the Paleo Program, so I am joining in with the ladies and wine will be on the table for me for the next 2 days.

I had a lovely morning tea with The Nikonian this morning even though she is struggling with the effects of cutting all the bad stuff from her diet with the Paleo Program, she still made the effort to come see me. I so appreciate her effort and am impressed with her resolve to take on this positive change for her health and I am excited to have another ally in this move towards a healthy lifestyle.

Keep up the good work my friend :) xx

Meanwhile, it is almost midnight and while everybody else has crashed, I am lying here in bed writing this and feeling like I could take on the world.

I have been up since 6am, spent 3 hours with Chicklet, spent 2 hours with The Nikonian having a late breakfast and checking out some OPP shops, then a 2 hour train trip into Brisbane. We caught a taxi to the motel, then went for a 'good' walk to do some grocery shopping for our dinner tonight, carried a load of heavy bags home. Four hours of drinking, partying and gossiping ... and now bed.

I haven't, at any stage, felt tired or worn out and I really love this feeling!!

Before it hits midnight, I am turning out the light and plan to get some good sleep before a full day of walking, shopping and exploring tomorrow.

I have pics and hopefully will get to share some tomorrow night, depending on how the day pans out .. maybe you'll have to wait til I get home .. who knows?!

Nite all.


No comments: