Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 9, 2015

Bozzy Wozzy Time

It's been full on in the Chicklet household with plenty of play time.

We've spent a LOT of time practising our drawings. This is me beside a talking crayon.


This is 'Art by Juniper and Bozzy Wozzy'. (A ghost's birthday party)


We've watched 'Finding Nemo' and 'A Bug's Life' and 'Alvin and the Chipmunks Squeakquel' on the laptop.

We've had long baths.


We've read about 25 books.

We've had picnics in bed.

We've played on the swing.

We've played 'catch'.

We've both started out in Bozzy Wozzy's bed for two nights but both times, only one of us stayed in Bozzy Wozzy's bed ... can you guess which one of us that was? Aha, yes, Mama cuddles are just too good to miss out on every night.

Never mind .. small steps.

I must say that my energy levels have been pretty good for this visit and I slept very well last night.

Tomorrow is Chicklet's 'pretend' birthday and we start the day with cake for breakfast, then a visit to 'Underwater World' and then somewhere for lunch. That should be enough to wear us all out!

So I'd best build up my energy again ready for the big day!

Nite all.

No comments: