Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pretend Birthday

Today was Chicklet's 'pretend' birthday, because I won't be here for the actual day.

We had a great day, starting off with the amazing birthday cake for breakfast no less! Even I broke my 10 week program momentarily to share some birthday cake with my girl.

That was followed by a wonderful day at Underwater World. She loves sea creatures more than dinosaurs at the moment, so this is one of her favourite places to be. I can understand why, because I love it too. It gives me energy and peace at the same time.

Next was a late lunch at Sizzlers where I had steak and lobster. It was better than my last few experiences at Sizzlers and it wasn't too busy or too loud, so it was a relaxing lunch for us all.

We ended the day with cake in the bath and five storybooks before she fell sound asleep in Mama's bed.

She handled the day very well and we all had a good time.






I'm off on the next leg of my week away from home tomorrow. Catching up with The Nikonian in the morning and then meeting Woman of Many Talents at the train station where we will catch a train into Roma Street Station and then on to meet the rest of the ladies for our few days of fun.

Can you believe that I powered through the whole day today without feeling the slightest bit tired or in need of a break. It's almost 11pm and I still feel like I could go for a couple more hours. I think this Paleo Way lifestyle has provided me with some stamina, the likes of which I haven't experienced in years. I like it!

Nite all.


No comments: