Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 13, 2015

Day Nine of Fifteen

Well, Vegan Chickie arrived in Paris today!

Her room with a view ...


... and this was in New York when she attended the opening night of The Colour Purple Musical on broadway ...


Just a little bit exciting!

Today was another good day with my little Chicklet.

The Bare-chested Chef didn't start work til 5pm today, so we all drove to Civic for some play time in the kids area. Chicklet played with three different kids. As one would leave, another would arrive and she would attach herself to them.

After about an hour, Dadu decided it was a good time to leave because she was beginning to get annoyed with the babies .. and we ALL know how she feels about those damned babies!! So they departed and left me to my own devices.

I enjoyed my morning coffee and then headed for the nail salon where I was able to sit down immediately for an average pedicure.

Once the old nail polish was removed, I discovered that my right big toe nail had a bruise under it and part of the nail itself was broken. I have no idea how that happened! I asked for clear polish on my toes and she painted one layer only which is very dull and barely noticeable. The usual foot and calf massage left a lot to be desired and I departed $40 poorer and feeling quite disappointed, although my feet at least look more presentable now.

Afterwards I spent a leisurely couple of hours browsing, buying and picking up some nice items to include in BGWLBH's care package which I sent in the mail today.

I bought the ingredients to make some runny chocolate brownies, which I hope Chicklet will enjoy.

I sat down in my favourite cafe at the centre for some lunch and watched a gorgeous young couple in their twenties ogle each other with love in their eyes. The young man couldn't take the smile off his face or his eyes off her face and I could literally feel the positive energy that was swirling all around them.

Neither of them was wearing a ring, so I guessed that this was a date very early in their relationship, just by the way they were hesitant to touch each other but obviously wanting to and by the way they ordered their meals .. they weren't completely comfortable with each other yet. There was definitely a connection there and they very much enjoyed the 45 minutes spent together in the cafe.

After I mailed BGWLBH's package, I called my personal taxi service at about 1.30pm and Dadu and Chicklet soon arrived to take me home. There is nothing nicer than seeing that excited smile on Chicklet's face when she recognises me as they pull up in the car.

"Hullo Chicklet! How are you?"

"GREAT!" is how she always responds to that question.

She was excited to learn that I'd bought her a surprise and we couldn't wait to get home to see what it was. A little pack with four dinosaur toys, a book and a stage that has a volcano and palm trees as the backdrop and a river and grass as the foreground to stand on, as well as an upper level stage for the dinosaurs to stand or sleep on.

We spent the next hour playing that game. She decided, for some strange reason, that the lizard we bought from Underwater World was going to be a doctor and the four dinosaurs were going to visit and be healed.

The Apotasaurus came to the doctor because he couldn't jump and he might want to jump to the sun one day .. so the doctor told him to go home and practise and that he would get better and better at jumping the more he practised.

The Stegosaurus had a problem with his spinal plates blowing in the wind. The doctor told him to go home and exercise until the muscles got strong enough to hold the plates firm in the wind.

The triceratops couldn't roll because his horns got in the way. The doctor asked why he wanted to roll? Because it looked like fun! The doctor advised finding something else that was fun to do and not so difficult for a triceratops to do.

The T-Rex had skin off his knee .. because Chicklet kept bending the legs backwards and forwards (I'm surprised the legs hadn't fallen off!) so the doctor advised T-Rex to go home and rest and to try not bending the knee for a few days, til it healed.

Suddenly the big laughing penguin was brought into the story to be another doctor and so the game went on!

Soon it was time to play under the snake sprinkler and we chased each other around the house with the watering can getting drenched .. perfect weather for getting drenched! Forty minutes later it was bath time, but she got bored in the bath after about ten minutes, which is unusual!

We dried off and put some clean clothes on, grabbed a big bowl of grapes and lay on my bed watching 'Ribbit' the movie. I paused it about an hour in, so that I could cook my dinner. Chicklet had spent the afternoon eating bananas, grapes, brown crackers with peanut butter and nuts, so she wasn't interested in dinner, but finished off the grapes instead.

We ate in bed and watched the end of the movie. Twenty minutes on the Minion game and it was time for bed. We read two stories, discussed our best and worst parts of the day and five minutes later she fell asleep holding my hand.

An hour of domestic duties followed .. it's amazing how much mess we can make in one day! Got a load of washing done and then collapsed on my bed to kick back and relax.

It was a good day. For the time I was at home with Chicklet, I didn't feel like there were any gluten after affects today and she was calm and happy.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Definitely cooking some runny brownies!

Nite all.

No comments: