Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day Four of Fifteen

A truly memorable start to my day!

4.30am and we were almost thrown from our beds by the most horrendously loud explosion of lightning striking somewhere very close by. I swear that it hit the road outside my bedroom window .. which was open at the time! It hurt my ears and scared the bejeezus outta me!!

It took Chicklet all of five seconds to run into my room and land on my bed! "I'm scared of the loud storm Bozzy Wozzy!"

"It's ok." I replied "come here and I will give you a cuddle."

"No!" was her response "Mama will cuddle me when she comes home. Go put a heart on the cuddle heart for me!"

So up I get in search of heart stickers in the dark!

I told her that if she was going to stay in my bed, she had to sleep and not talk to me. She then spent the next three hours climbing in and out of bed to check the clock next to her own bed. She has a clock that shows a moon face during the night and you can set it to show a sun face at a specific time in the morning. Chicklet's clock is set for 7.30am, so she knows that she can't come out of her bedroom until the sunny face shows on her clock at 7.30am.

Needless to say, I did not get much sleep in those three hours. Surprisingly, it really didn't affect my day too badly. I didn't feel tired and I was still able to keep up with her. I admit that I was grateful for the hour respite that I got when the Bare-chested Chef arrived home for his break mid afternoon, but I'm pretty impressed with my stamina so far!

Mama phoned this morning from inside a Tesla car .. this is Mama and her friend 'King of the World'.


I call him that because he has created a successful life in which the world is at his feet. He wants for nothing, he has many friends and family who adore him and on top of that he is a good, kind and generous human being.

They were driving on the highway to New Jersey when she phoned and excitedly explained how the car drove itself. King of the World didn't have to steer the car, nor use his feet on the pedals. She was in awe and maybe just a little bit scared!

Vegan Chickie is obviously having a great time and I hope that she is relaxed knowing that all is well on the home front.

You may be surprised to learn that we did NOT watch 'Chicken Little' today .. even though I offered twice!

Chicklet's new obsession is the Minion game on my Ipad .. not playing it herself .. but watching me play it. I probably played it for three hours altogether today.

We had plenty of activities going today. We created dinosaur world. We had dinosaurs climbing the Great Pyramids, Big Ben, the Taj Mahal, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Parthenon, Uluru, Sydney Opera House, The White House and many other world landmarks.

We created pictures out of Toy Story stickers, Brave stickers, Monsters Inc stickers, Cars stickers, The Incredibles stickers.

We drew pictures to put the stickers into and then we put stickers down and drew pictures around them.

We ate a healthy lunch of raw vegetables and then for dinner, more boiled eggs and vegetables. She asked if she ate seven eggs, would she have to have vegetables as well? I told her that even if she ate twenty eggs, she would still have to eat 'some' vegetables.

This afternoon we hooked up the snake sprinkler, but this time I sat in the outdoor area and stayed dry .. Dadu arrived home for his break during this activity, so I left them outside and hibernated in my bedroom for a little while.

Tonight, in bed, while we discussed the best and worst things about the day, she said that the sprinkler snake was the best AND the worst thing about her day, because she loves to play in the water, but I didn't join in and let her drench me like I did for the last two days and that made her sad .. she didn't like playing by herself.

Once again, I feel like a meanie :(

We had about 15 minutes today where we did nothing and she kept asking me "What can we do that's fun?" I told her that sometimes it's ok to do absolutely nothing and that we didn't have to do fun things all the time. She advised me that she NEVER does just 'nothing'! EVER!

I've been told.

Tomorrow is Chicklet's day for swimming lessons and she asked if I would come and watch. I'm excited to see her learning to swim!

The weather is stormy again tonight but I'm hoping the worst of it is over. We've had some good rain and a bit of lightning and thunder, but by the look of the BOM site, we will only get rain for the rest of the night. Fingers crossed.

Day four .. another success *happy dance*

Nite all.

No comments: