Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Been Workin' Hard!

Right! What a day! Almost a complete Spring clean in one day! Surprisingly, I still feel quite energised, although I think I've worked some muscles that haven't been used in a while.

Between Adoring Husband and myself we have:

  • Removed the bedding, washed it and remade the beds in three bedrooms. Vacuumed and dusted said bedrooms.
  • Cleared the middle bedroom of all my new study decorating paraphernalia (the new study will be revealed some time this month!)
  • Pulled the washing machine out to clean the floor under it and the wall behind it, as well as the floor to ceiling window and sliding door beside it. Cleaned the laundry tub.
  • Removed all the furniture in the outdoor area, pressure cleaned the concrete floor, washed down all the furniture and then returned it all.
  • Cleared out the fridge in the kitchen, pulled all the shelving and drawers out to be cleaned, tossed the old food and returned the good stuff.
  • Cleared out the spare fridge in the garage and cleaned the drawers and shelving.
  • Pulled everything out of the very large, very full pantry, tossed the out-of-date stuff, cleaned the shelves and then re-organised everything.
  • Cleared the clutter from the kitchen bench, cleaned on top, under and behind the big dehydrator at the end of the bench.
  • Wiped down all of the kitchen appliances (electric kettle, toaster, blender etc)
  • Emptied the vegetable box, cleaned it, tossed the sprouted onions and sweet potato and returned it to the bottom of the pantry all spick and span.
  • Washed the bird cage.
  • Did two other loads of washing. Folded the clothes that were already on the line.
  • Put the fresh batch of bone broth into containers in the freezer.
  • Cleaned the main bathroom and toilet.
  • Vacuumed the tiled floor ready to be mopped tomorrow.
  • Planned the menu for Best Cousin in the World's birthday party on Saturday night.
  • Got the ironing up-to-date - took about 40 minutes.
  • Cooked lunch (well actually, reheated beef casserole and steamed some broccoli & snow peas).
  • Stacked and unpacked the dishwasher three times!
  • Filled an extra 8 ice cube trays in preparation for Saturday.
I think that just about covers it.

At 8.47pm I made the decision to have an Epsom Salts bath. I'm not a fan of baths, but I could feel some muscles beginning to complain, so I added some lavender essential oil to the mix and lay there for about 40 minutes reading my Susan Howatch book, "Cashelmara".

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch in my pyjamas, feeling very much refreshed, munching on some raw macadamia nuts and watching Wimbledon! Nick Kyrgios is playing tonight, but first Roger Federer is playing Steve Johnson, then Serena Williams plays Svetlana Kuznetsova and THEN Nick Kyrgios plays Andy Murray ... I feel that it's going to be a long night! Right now I feel great, but I wonder when I'm going to hit the wall?

Let's hope Roger and Serena both win in straight sets!

I thought I would share this music video with you. The girl is the daughter of one of The Motivator's girlfriends. These two have beautiful voices and the song is reminiscent of my youth describing the drama and uncertainty of those early relationships.



I wish I had a tub of Zebra Dream Salted Caramel Coconut Ice cream right now! I've earned it!

Nite all.

No comments: