Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

They Have Arrived!

This is just a short post, because it's 1am and my need for some solid sleep is on the high scale right now.

I lasted til 3am watching the tennis last night - I know right!!?? You didn't think I would last after all that hard work!! - and I was awake at 8am ready to tie a few loose ends before the family arrived this afternoon.

I baked two chickens so that we could all sit down and have dinner when they arrived. Just a simple chicken and salad with a nice glass of wine.

The conversation hasn't slowed down for the entire six hours that they have been here and Nellie Noo has only just gone to bed herself.

I have morning tea with the girls tomorrow, so I'd best get some sleep so that I can be fresh for that. Afterwards, Adoring Husband, the fam and I are heading into The Bay for lunch.

So here is a photo of some of the fam ...


I bet you wouldn't recognise those feet if you saw them in a different setting! Ha!

Nite all.

No comments: