Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Retail Therapy Like a Pro!

It's very tricky shopping for furniture on a tight budget and when you only have a vague idea of what you want. Putting colours and styles together in your mind, creates a vision that may, or may not, be everything that you imagined, once it's all placed in the space.

In approximately five weeks, our furniture will be delivered, but during that five weeks, my vision will succeed and fail in a hundred different ways as my imagination spirals out of control!

It's going to be a long five weeks.


The hall table will go in the dining room, but the other furniture will fill the family room. A couple of throw rugs and some cushions will hopefully create a nice space.

The experience was pain free. Adoring Husband and I selected the styles and colours without incident and I only had to say 'NO' once!

We killed it! We retail therapied like pros! What a team!

It was after 4pm when we arrived home. I didn't get to spend any time in my study today and there have been no further developments there, nor will there be any tomorrow, because it's lady's luncheon day!

I love lady's luncheon days.

It's midnight. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: