Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Withdrawn from the World

I enjoyed many hours sitting up in bed this morning, reading and playing solitaire on my iPad. I didn't rise until after 11am!! Adoring Husband bought my coffee, and then delivered it to my bedside, so I had no need to leave the house.

The rest of the day was spent doing a few mundane chores.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day at Childers for the Multicultural Festival. We missed it last year, due to AH's SES commitments.  It was the first festival that we'd missed since we moved here.

We will be specifically looking for the Mudgeeraba Spices Pty Ltd stall. A couple of years ago, we bought a trial box of a dozen different curry flavours, so that we could choose our favourites and then come back and buy the larger jars the following year.

They were all delicious, so it's still going to be difficult to choose!

I'll also be looking for hemp hats and hopefully buying one just like my favourite. The hat that I wear now, is becoming a little threadbare. It's about four years old and I wear it every day, so it has lasted well, and I would love to find another one.

I'm not doing very well with my footy tips this weekend. I held a solid position on the ladder until this week, but I feel that I am slowly sliding in the wrong direction and there are only five weeks remaining .. no time to make up for poor choices.

It's an early night for me, so that I'm refreshed and energised for a big day tomorrow.

I thought you might enjoy starting your day with some memories, while listening to some great music ...

80s celebrities - now and then - part 1

80s celebrities - now and then - part 2

80s celebrities - now and then - part 3

Nite all.

No comments: