Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Feeling Homely

I did nothing today .. aside from cook a late lunch, early dinner.

I really needed a lazy day of doing nothing. The last two or three weeks have been pretty full on, with spring cleaning, visitors, birthday parties, moving the house around, movie dates with Adoring Husband and I think we've been into The Bay about ten times in the last two weeks and then the lady's luncheon yesterday. I feel like we haven't stopped.

Adoring Husband asked me if I wanted to go with him into The Bay to buy a plant and to have one of my photos printed. I declined his offer. I didn't want to have to think about anything today. I just lazed around all day in my slobber dog clothes.

There is a series on Netflix called Grace & Frankie, starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. It's had amazing reviews and I've considered signing up for Netflix just to see it, but have held off. There is another reason to sign up, and that is for The Gilmore Girls ... they have made four new shows of the girls all grown up, that will be aired in November ... but only on Netflix.

Anyway, I thought I would share this 8 minutes from Grace & Frankie. Watch it til the end. You should get a good giggle.



There will be no lazing tomorrow, but there will be yet another trip into The Bay, so that I can choose the frame to go with my poster sized photo. When it's framed and up on the wall, I'll take a photo and share it here. It will probably be a few weeks.

I can't believe it's already 11pm. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: