Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 18, 2016


For the first time in about two years (maybe more), we attended the Maryborough Thursday morning markets in Adelaide Street. This was specifically for the benefit of Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour.

I bought a hanging whale tail for my tree (I have two frangipani trees in the front garden, from which I hang crystals, beads, ceramic shapes and animals, lead light ornaments, glass art etc).

I bought some clip on buttons for a necklace and bracelet set that I bought at Urangan markets a few weeks ago. The buttons are interchangeable so you can create the colour and style that you desire.

I bought a beautiful bunch of sunflowers that are just about to bloom.

I bought a bag of avocados.

I bought two large punnets of Eumundi strawberries.

From there, we walked to Gattaker's Artspace to show the kids where my Photography Exhibit was displayed in 2012. There was some really beautiful, colourful art hanging in the upstairs galleries.

Behind the gallery is the War Museum, which has the most amazing memorabilia from all the war years and from the wars that Australia has been involved in, and where an elderly gentlemen greets visitors with stories about each and every item and the people to whom they belonged. He is very proud of the museum and very proud of the friends and associates whose stories he shares.

We considered having lunch at the new 'Muddy Waters' Cafe, but it seems that their menu options are quite limited, nothing was marked GF and all the choice tables were reserved, so we moved on.

Earlier in the day, I had google searched eating options in Maryborough and found a place called 'Mitchell's Pantry'. The reviews were all very positive and talked about the huge number of gluten free options - especially the sweet treats like tarts and muffins and cheesecakes. So we went in search of that one.

It was very similar to Nana's Pantry, with the walls lined with containers of flours, nuts, seeds, grains, dried fruits etc and a whole room out the back full of gluten free products.

The difference was that the floor had tables and chairs at which we could sit and dine.

For lunch, I ordered a GF lasagne with salad for Adoring Husband and I had GF Shepherds Pie with salad. They were both delicious and full of flavour. The accompanying salad was fresh with a delicious dressing.

On the way out, I bought some sweets to take home. A GF citrus tart, GF chocolate brownie, GF salted caramel and macadamia tart and a Paleo banana muffin.

We walked through a long alleyway (of which there are many in Maryborough) and found some art worthy of a photo ...

From there, because of roadworks on the highway that provided long delays if you got there at the wrong time, we decided on a different route and came home via Hervey Bay. We stopped at a little crafty gift store, where I found a great little book about dragons for Chicklet, lead light letters to spell my name (to put in the tree) and a little concrete platypus for the garden.

There were fabulous, though rustic, gardens to wander through, with chickens, birds and guinea pigs to admire ...

... and a broken down, but stunning, old upright piano on the verandah of the old house where the craft was on display.

We picked up the FROG box on the way home and we were all ready to slob around and relax for the first hour after we arrived home.

Home made hamburgers for the kids for dinner, while I reheated some of last night's meatballs and had them with some raw onion.

Adoring Husband had SES training tonight, so I watched the Broncos thrash the Bulldogs in a fiery game of football.

Now, it's time to get some sleep. I will definitely be sleeping in tomorrow and enjoying a lazy morning in bed.

Nite all.  

No comments: