Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Trio of Welcomes

What an eventful day!

It started with work, followed by some last minute grocery shopping. I also had a few last minute chores to do around the house before my visitors arrived.

The Blonde Bombshell picked me up at 11am and we drove to the airport to await the arrival of Knight in Shining Armour's plane. We had just enough time to order a coffee before we heard the plane land, but then it seemed to take forever for the luggage to appear on the conveyor belt!

The psychotic dogs were pretty happy to see KISA, once they realised it was him!

We had about 3 hours to catch up and then it was time to head off to the train station to meet Bubbles' train. She arrived right on time and the psychotic dogs were doing backflips when they saw her walk through the door. They've had lots of cuddles and are already in heaven from the spoiling.

I did lamb racks with baked veg, snow peas and beans and carrots for dinner.

I had no sooner finished cleaning up and loading the dishwasher, when Adoring Husband phoned to say that they had arrived in town from their trip home from Fairbairn Dam and they were dropping everything at the shed and would be home soon.

I expected that they would eat dinner on the way home, but that wasn't to be, so I had to figure out what to prepare at short notice. Luckily I had some curried chicken in the freezer, so I popped that in oven.

It had been a very stressful weekend for AH so he needed desperately to wind down and relax. With a full belly, a beer and some debriefing, he finally climbed into bed shortly before 11pm and is now fast asleep.

Everybody is now in bed, except for me ... of course ... it's well after midnight and here I am watching the Olympic Games and feeling wide awake because I've had three coffees today!

The coffee machine is now repaired, so all going well, I should be able to get my morning coffee tomorrow.

So for now, all is well and it's lovely to have family at home.

Nite all.


No comments: