Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 2, 2016

Bit of a Date

Today was a bit of a date day with Adoring Husband. No movie, but some grocery shopping and a pleasant lunch at Arkarra Tea Gardens was a great way to spend the day.

Arkarra was incredibly busy and by the time we ordered, there was a 45 minute wait on meals. Soon after, we overheard them tell the customers who were served after us that they had a 60 minute wait!

We did NOT have to wait for the entire 45 minutes and we enjoyed our GF Salt and Pepper Calamari with salad very much.

The day seemed to fly by so quickly!

AH even accompanied me to the Bowl's Club this evening! I had a win on the pokies, but we had no luck with any other of our gambling pursuits. The raffle, Lotsapots, 100 club, Member's draw, Keno, Spin and Win ... all equivalent to 'big fat fail'.

I've made a 'to do' list for tomorrow and a list of packing requirements.

I wish I had something more exciting to share, but I am well and truly ready for bed. It's only 11pm, which is pretty early for me, but I'm done. I'll try to make up for it tomorrow night.

So ... nite all.

No comments: