Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Stinker

Ugh! It was a stinker of a day today. Very hot and humid with not much of a breeze to cool things down.

After eating grilled fish and chips for lunch today, I felt like crap (why do I do this to myself?). After my body converted all those carbs to sugar and overloaded my liver and pancreas, I felt an overwhelming desire to nap.

I fell asleep at around 2pm and woke in a sweaty sauna at around 3pm. Even the fan directly on me and switched to 'high' had little effect.

I dragged myself out of bed and took my iPad out to the alfresco area, where it was shady and a lovely cool breeze was blowing through to make life much more pleasant. It took about fifteen minutes for my body temperature to reach a comfortable level and I kind of wished I had a hammock in which I could gently swing and doze!

I had a reasonably productive day at my desk and feel happy with my progress on the website. It's frustrating how the more I cross off my 'to do' list, the more I add to it! I'm wondering if I should start thinking along the lines of "less is more" and stop making it so complex.

Late this afternoon, we excitedly showered and dressed in preparation for meeting everybody at the pub to share a meal with Rebel Mardi and the Lifesaver, who were back in town to celebrate a friend's 70th birthday today.

There were about 22 of us filling two tables in the restaurant and there was lots of laughter and lots of catching up. We have such a nice group of friends and always have a good time when we get together for occasions like this.

It was especially lovely to chat with Rebel Mardi, who is looking happy and healthy. Her new life is obviously agreeing with her. The Lifesaver was his usual cheeky self and he too looks good!

Adoring Husband and I were the first to leave and AH is now (and has been since ten minutes after we arrived home) reclined in his chair, sound asleep and snoring loudly.

We've had a little rain tonight and there looks to be some more weather heading in this direction. It has certainly cooled things down outside.

It's 9.30pm and I'm going to attempt to have an early night.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, with Christmas parcels to be mailed, more Le Reve deliveries, the air conditioner guy coming to give us a quote and plenty more work on the website.

Nite all.

No comments: