Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Service

Last night, I enjoyed an unusually early night. I was in bed before 8pm reading, and asleep by 9.15pm, only to be woken by two of the psychotic dogs at 12.15am and again at 2.30am for a trip outside for toileting requirements. Just a little bit annoying!

At 3.30am, Adoring Husband got out of bed to calm the other psychotic dog who was carrying on like a pork chop. She has PTSD since the tornado, so every time it rains, she panics and cries and howls if left alone. I know how she feels!! So the rain disturbed her during the night and she disturbed AH.

AH served my coffee bedside at about 6am and I sat up in bed reading until it was time to get ready for a trip to the Bay.

We headed into town at 9am to have some photos developed and from there, Adoring Husband dropped me off at Stocklands Shopping Mall while he went shopping at my least favourite place in town, Bunnings.

I desperately needed some retail therapy, and there were heaps of 50% off sales, so I bought myself number of tops at a couple of different shops and a lovely mint coloured bath mat.

The girls serving in the shops were all very happy and friendly. Considering how busy the centre was, it was nice to receive such friendly service. Well done to them!

We bought a couple of large take away coffees before braving the supermarket, where we needed to buy dog food. It was crazy busy in there!

We ran into Lady Lynn also bustling her way through the throngs of crazy trolly pushers.

Luckily, by the time we reached the checkouts, there were a couple of self serve spots free, so we quickly scanned our groceries and made a hasty escape to the car park. From there it took us ten to fifteen minutes to get through ridiculous traffic to the street.

AH was clever enough to take the back road, so we avoided the traffic lights and long queues and rather quickly found ourselves on the road home.

It was good to be home before lunch and after unpacking the groceries, I attempted to get some work done at my desk but it was still difficult to focus, so I gave up and decided to watch a movie instead. "Finding Dory" was my movie of choice and I really enjoyed it.

AH accompanied me to the club tonight, which was nice, and for the first time in a while, I drank wine with the girls. There were only three of the usuals there tonight and we were not the slightest bit lucky. It was a pleasant evening.

We need to be up bright and early to drive into Urangan to buy our fresh seafood for Christmas Day and the pier markets are on tomorrow, so we'll stop there for a quick look. The last time I bought fresh flowers from the markets, they lasted about two weeks, so I hope that stall is open again tomorrow.

I need to replace the Peppermint and Choc Chip coconut ice cream that I've eaten over the last two days. I think I like it even more than the salted caramel!

So on that note, I should head to bed. Much sleep is required!

Nite all.

No comments: