Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Topsy Turvy

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get." Forest Gump

The twists and turns in life sure keeps us on our toes! What a year it's been for the family. More on that another time.

Our appointment with the financial advisor was long and overwhelming with so much information to take in and lots of paperwork to read at our leisure over the Christmas break. It was an interesting 80 minutes that we were pleased to be finished with!

We met Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo at Aquavue and enjoyed a relaxing early lunch talking and laughing about family quirks (for want of a better word). We met her friend, The Peaceful Warrior, who was also a lot of fun and who willingly joined in our conversation.

From there, we were originally going to the movies to see "Rogue One" but Adoring Husband decided that he wasn't in the mood to sit down for another two hours, so we went on a shopping spree instead.

Go Natural was our first stop where I bought three tubs of coconut ice cream to keep me satisfied over the Christmas/NewYear break. I plan on eating at least an entire 500ml tub while watching "Love Actually" on Christmas Eve with Vegan Chickie.

JB Hifi was next where I considered buying the latest Bridget Jones move, but AH, much to his frustration, told me that I didn't need it (I guess it's one of the gifts under our tree!). I got 'Finding Dory' and 'The Secret Life of Pets' - for ME, not Chicklet lol.

I also paid for a Star Trek dvd that AH was going to buy himself - but now he's not allowed to watch it til Christmas Day. Haha.

We considered buying a portable air conditioner to keep us covered until our new unit is installed in February, but decided that $700-$800 was a bit too much to spend on something that we would only use for two months.

Instead, we opted for a good quality pedestal fan and now we each have one to blow a cool breeze directly on us in the lounge room.

Grocery shopping and lotto tickets. I'm either going to win $25million tomorrow night, or $31million on New Years Eve. That will be a nice way to start 2017 and of course, I'll share with my favourite people!

I also bought myself two more journals. I've lost count now!

We had an amazing sunset tonight - right on dinner time - so I only got a quick pic with my phone.


I am looking at tomorrow optimistically with the expectation of having a satisfying and productive day at my desk. It's now 9pm so it's even possible that I'll get an early night!

May Thursday be kind to you!

Nite all.
  

No comments: