Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

And So It Begins

There was an extra person at morning tea today which gave us a few extra laughs. The JMac is always a bit of fun with her silly sense of humour and today was her first morning tea with us.

Our workshop for smart phones was held today with just one person in attendance. The Motivator was teacher extraordinaire while I manned the shop and the client left after 90 mins feeling happy with new knowledge about using her smart phone.

We had a few happy customers, old and new, come through the doors, and we recommenced our monthly FB 'photo with purchase' draw today - which means one lucky customer will win a $25 voucher on the 24th of each month.

An elderly lady visited with her artwork hoping that we might sell it in the shop. That matter is still under consideration.

We closed the shop right on 3pm, had a bit of a business meeting, discussed where we are up to with the course that we both signed up for and I walked out the door before The Motivator.

There was some heavy rain during the afternoon and just as I left the shop on my trike, there was a short sharp shower, so I sheltered under a shop awning across the road before riding along the river and getting a few good shots of the rain showers as they reached the other side of the river. Those pics are still in camera, but I'll edit them tomorrow at work and hopefully remember to post them here tomorrow night.

I'm excited that Grey's Anatomy starts again on free to air TV tonight, but I don't think I can stay awake to watch it all, so I'll have to record it.

Adoring Husband's back is still sore, however, he was well enough to not wake me to do his work this morning. Tonight, my back is giving me a bit of grief, so we are both in the wars at the moment.

Lady's luncheon tomorrow and I have the day off work to attend. I'm not even sure if there will be anything GF for me to eat because I forgot to ask on Friday night, but I'm pretty sure they'll at least be able to make me a salad.

Anyway, enough of this frivolity. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: