Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Forgetful Jones

Yep!

Completely forgot to do a post on Friday night!

You would think something so habitual would be difficult to forget wouldn't you?

Friday and Saturday were both fabulous in the shop, though February is expected to be a touch quiet in comparison to the rest of the year, so we should be knuckling down and getting some important stuff done in preparation for our courses and workshops in March.

Friday night was especially great at the club, because Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver came to town and though our time together was short, there was a sparkle and a twinkle in the air that's been missing for quite some time.

Sadly, Lady Lynn, Beauty and Leggy Blonde were out of town and missed all the fun - and we missed them too.

Rebel Mardi came to visit me in the shop this morning and we had a quality laden thirty minutes together before she had to leave to start her very full day with friends and family.

I miss her very much and it always hits me like a truck whenever I see her smiling eyes in front of me.

The weather has been WET WET WET since the early hours of this morning and it's expected to continue for the remainder of the weekend. Even though we need the rain desperately, I also desperately need to get some washing done!

The best part though, is the drop in temperature. It's currently a blissfully delicious 19C and it only got as high as 22C during the day. People were actually wearing long sleeves!

My plan for Sunday is course work in the morning, a big cook up in the afternoon and in between all of that, getting some washing done.

Included on the cook up menu is 'Strawberry Cream Pie' - Yum.


So you see? You missed nothing by me forgetting to post on Friday night. There is not a lot happening in this neck of the woods and they do say "no news is good news".

Nite all.

No comments: