Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Gusty Thursday

Gale force conditions in town today.

Our flags almost flew away and our sign went for a tumble and almost smashed our front window.

The winds possibly kept people away because we had a very light day of customers, which, on the plus side, gave us a chance to catch up with other non-customer related chores.

We had lots of time for D&M chats and laughter and singing and a bit of dancing. We do enjoy a good dance through the shop - especially to our favourite songs "Happy" and "Shake It Off"

We made sure to leave the shop as soon after 3pm as we could because we have lots of plans for self care and study time for our course, which we are loving! It kind of strips you bare emotionally, but the other end of that is full of enthusiasm and motivation and we encourage each other along the way.

I came home and unpacked the groceries, put the ingredients for the chicken broth in the slow cooker and got that started, then sat down for 30 minutes before cooking dinner which was duck breast with stuffed zucchini.

After we cleaned the kitchen, I bottled the kombucha that has been brewing on the kitchen bench for ten days and then started to brew the next batch, which entailed boiling 12 cups of filtered water with a cup of sugar and a knob of ginger, then taking it off the boil and adding the Rooibos teabags to brew until the water cools.

I got three 300ml bottles of kombucha out of this first batch which is a bit sweet, so I've added more water and a bit less sugar to the next one.

My plan for Sunday is to do a cook up so that there are meals to heat up during the week and I won't have to come home and spend too much time in the kitchen. I'd like to cook up some spaghetti bolognese sauce, curried sausages, butter chicken and beef casserole. The spag bol will be served with zoodles and the butter chicken with cauliflower rice.

I'm also looking forward to having some bone broth every morning.

Now I have some study to catch up on, so I'm outta here.

Nite all.


No comments: