Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 29, 2018

Back Breaker

We had a nice group for meditation this morning and The Gypsy did a good job of explaining her meditation theories and practices and providing us with tips on how to bring some peace to our own lives.

I loved having Lady Lynn sitting beside me through three guided meditations.


I started the day feeling energised and felt even more energised at the end of the one hour session.

It was a quiet day in the shop with just a few customers coming through the door between heavy showers, but that gave The Motivator and I a chance to catch up with our news and go through some of the course material.

Unfortunately we had a blackout for at least an hour in the afternoon, which made the shop really muggy and hot, but The Motivator and I set up a new display table and moved the other one to make enough room. Now it feels like we need some more stock to fill the gaps!

I left the shop before 3.30pm and rode along the river path on the way home. The town has become quiet again and now it is the quiet season.  

Adoring Husband injured his back this morning as he put the trailer on the car to go mow lawns.

He is in a lot of pain and it's highly likely that I'll be working for him tomorrow morning, and maybe the next few mornings.

He really needs to take better care of himself.

I guess it's time to get into bed. If I have to work at 5.30am I should get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: