Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Lucky Day

I had a fabulous morning in bed (my favourite place to work) and spent three hours working on the course material and playing Words With Friends (which is very much like Scrabble).

Eventually, I made myself presentable for the lady's luncheon and Adoring Husband drove me to the Bowls Club at 11am.

I wasn't the first to arrive but the first thing I did was buy myself an alcoholic beverage and check the keno ticket that I'd bought on Friday night. It was a good start to the day with an $80 win!

The pokies captured my attention (as they do) until it was time to enter the dining room. Everybody had already been seated and there was nowhere for me to sit! So I made a noise and called my friends (Tweedle Dee in particular) nasty names, stomped around like a spoiled child wondering which stranger (of which there were many!) I would have to sit with and make small talk - when Tweedle Dee got people at her table to move along and she got me a chair to slot in next to her.

I gave her a big hug and thanked her. I like to spend my lady's luncheons with my friends and not have to be friendly to people I don't know - yes it's one of my many foibles!

The next challenge was finding something GF to eat for lunch. I had one option - it was chicken and salad - which sounds nice and I should have taken a photo, because it was shredded chicken, which tasted very much like processed chicken, certainly NOT roast chicken. The salad was green leaves, 3 slices of cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes and some red onion. A boiled egg cut in half. No dressing. I guess you can't expect too much for $8, but the crumbed calamari looked damn good!

So, wallowing in my disappointment, I bought myself another drink and headed back to the pokies where I pocketed some more winnings. I have a keno ticket to check when I return to the club on Friday night.

We had a record number of ladies at the luncheon - around 32 were expected - they were very loud and the drunker they got, the louder they got!

When I was ready to go, I called Adoring Husband to pick me up and the plan was for him to take me to The Blonde Bombshell's house for drinks, but his back was giving him hell, so I though I should probably head home and give him some TLC.

After a couple of hours worth of TLC, I jumped on my trike and pedalled to the beach to capture the so-called 'super moon' rising. It was no different to any other full moon really ...


I waited for the eclipse and captured some of it before the heavy cloud cover came to spoil the party.


This is the photo that I took yesterday of the storm across the river ...


Now it's midnight, so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: