Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 8, 2018

Early Start

It was tough getting out of bed so early this morning!

I arrived at the shop five minutes before the meditation began.

It was obviously too early for the kids who were going to attend the meditation but decided that the comfy spot in our lounge area would help them get the extra sleep they needed ...


Annemarie was fantastic explaining the benefits of meditation and showed us with examples how we can feel the changes in our body through the different elements that we can practice on a daily basis anywhere, anytime.

The session took an hour and we came to the end feeling calm, relaxed and motivated to put into practice what we'd learned.

There was a steady flow of customers through the door today, some just for a look, some to add to their snap button collection and others looking specifically for gifts.

In between customers, I got to work on our ad for the next newsletter as well as gather some more info for the workshops.

Everything is coming along slowly but surely.

This afternoon, our new screen was delivered ...


It makes me smile every time I look at it!

Adoring Husband picked me up early and The Motivator took over at the shop at 2.30pm so that we could drive into The Bay and check out some new cars. The trip in was supposed to be for me to look at the three cars that Adoring Husband had narrowed it down to, but in the end, we made a decision and the paperwork was signed.

On a practical level, I'm very happy with the choice the we made.

By the time we returned home, it was getting late, so we decided to get some grilled fish and chips from the takeaway. While we waited, we walked to the beach. The conditions were equal to gale force on the water, so we decided not to walk along the beach. We stood cuddling and enjoyed the view for a minute before returning to the shop. Just one street away and not a breath of wind!

It's been an easy night and suddenly it's almost 11pm.

You know what that means ... time for bed.

Nite all.


No comments: