Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 11, 2018

On Leave

Mother Nature is still on leave.

There is nothing to photograph with my new camera. I spent another hour this afternoon pedalling around town looking for subjects - to no avail!

Frustrating.

It was a beautiful sunset this evening, but I was already in my pyjamas so the camera remained in the bag and I remained on the couch!

No dinner tonight because Adoring Husband had SES duty and I wasn't hungry.

It was quite busy in the shop today but mostly with people who were in for a chat and a look around. No big sales but lots of compliments.

I had a photo shoot this afternoon for a customer who wanted a photo of himself wearing all of his finery from  an organisation with which he has been a member for 40 years. His finery was looking all 40 yrs of its life and had certainly seen better days.

I don't, as a rule, do private photo shoots, but this was a special case and only took ten minutes.

The Motivator will be back on board tomorrow and we will begin our 2018 as a team.

Now I'm off to bed.

Tired azzzzz!

Nite all


No comments: