Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Old Times

Just like old times, I pedalled back and forth along the river path this afternoon with my new camera.

Before I got to the river path, I spotted some Corella in a pine tree, so I stopped and took my first pic with the camera.

Looking at those pics 'in camera' - I am very impressed and can't wait to see them on a big monitor, but the connection that I need for the camera to the computer is at work, so I can't look at them properly until tomorrow! Ugh!

Other than the Corella, there was absolutely nothing else to photograph.

No birds.

No creatures.

No beautiful light.

No sunset.

Three rides back and forth along the path, looking up into the trees, looking out into the water, looking along the ground.


I sat on a shaded bench seat overlooking the water, hoping that if I waited long enough, something might happen. The only thing that happened was a local came and sat beside me and we chatted for about an hour.

Way off in the distance, out on the water, there was a Tern dive bombing the water over and over again, but it was too far out even for my long lens to capture the action.

It was after 6pm when I finally headed home and as I pulled into our driveway, I noticed a bee buzzing around the Murraya flowers on our front lawn, so I stopped and pulled out the camera.

In the 30 seconds that it took me to get the camera out, the bee disappeared. There were no other bees to be seen either. Disappointed, I packed away the camera and gave up for the day.

Needless to say, it was 7pm by the time I'd finished cooking dinner - unheard of in our household, to be eating so late!

It was a good day at the shop and we had some more happy smiling and laughing customers. Of course, most people are happy when they're on holidays aren't they!?

I love our shop!

It's 9.45pm and I'm off to bed.

Now that I've felt the new camera in my hands, I'm ready to get right back into photography. Hopefully, I can leave earlier tomorrow morning and go for a little trek with the camera before work!

Nite all.

No comments: