Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 13, 2018

It's HOT!

The weather is ridiculously hot.

Uncomfortable.

Oppressive.

Steamy.

Blurgh.

Tomorrow will be even worse.

Thank goodness for air conditioning.

We had another quiet, but also productive day in the shop and again, it was good to be working together! We make a good team.

I rode directly home, because it was too hot to do anything else.


Ironically, I made a curry for dinner!

It was only Butter Chicken, but it was made from scratch and it was delicious, especially with a generous scattering of fresh coriander on top.

We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory before Adoring Husband went to bed.

I then watched 'Mean Girls' - I've never watched the entire movie before and there are a lot of famous actors in it. I had a few aha moments, when I recognised scenes that have been stolen for various TV series over the years. Surprisingly, it's been fourteen years since the movie was made.

Tomorrow is Sunday and will be my first day off in ten days. I also have Monday off. I have quite a bit to catch up on, a few things that I've put off, a few errands to run in The Bay and some chores to do around the house.

So I guess they won't really be days off will they?

It's 11.30pm and feels much later.

I'm done for the day.

Nite all.


No comments: