Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Reason

I decided to open the shop today (Sunday).

I supposed that the holiday-makers were still around and it might be worth the effort.

I had a back up plan. If the the customers didn't come, I could spend time working on the two courses/workshops that we'll be running very soon.

The courses and workshops got a lot of attention.

At the end of the day, I did meet a new town resident who lives on my street. We seemed to click and spent a lot of time chatting about everything and anything. We got along so well that I invited her to our Tuesday morning coffee so that she could meet some lovely ladies. She has a neurological disorder, so she doesn't get out often because it takes her days to recover. I thought I should offer her a safe option to meet people that wouldn't take too much out of her.

I hope she can make it.

It was after 3pm by the time I got home. Adoring Husband came to the shop to help bring everything inside and we did a small grocery shop before he played the role of 'security' again.

I rode home and took the long way so that I could ride past where my new friend lives. Stalker much??? Nah, just curious lol.

After about thirty minutes of doing a quick tidy up, I spent the afternoon on the couch.

I wasn't hungry but I threw together a quick dinner for Adoring Husband.

Suddenly it's after 11pm and I have to be at the shop at 7.30 tomorrow morning for our first meditation class, so I'd best get to bed!


Nite all.

No comments: