Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Not Quite!

So, this morning, I woke up with a bright and positive state of mind.

I set alarms on my phone for every hour, with special messages to myself, the first being "Have an AMAZING day!"

The second "You are doing GREAT!" The third "Get up and DANCE!" The fourth "Organise some lunch!"

and so on ... each alarm had an upbeat, happy and danceable song, so every hour, my mood was lifted and my energy increased.

I also set a total for the day's takings in my head and said it out loud many times.

The day was totally enjoyable.

Only four of us were in attendance for morning tea, but we had some good laughs and shared some funny memories from our youth. Funny and rude!

There was a steady flow of paying customers through the door, which was nice, but I didn't quite reach my imagined total ... I need to practice manifesting my imaginings!

I welcomed The Little Mermaid into the shop for the first time in five months. I feel that she is on another downhill slide, after being clean for that long. I hugged her hello and she held the hug for a long time, releasing me with silent tears in her eyes and whispering "I can't breathe, I'm having trouble breathing."

I asked her if she was feeling anxious and she listed off a few things that she had experienced in the last couple of weeks, including her stepson's wedding in Perth and a psych assessment. She did say hello to the morning tea ladies and left wanting to say more, but waving herself away and leaving abruptly.

After the ladies left, I took photos and created a collage to put into our ad for the newsletters.

I designed and finished the ad for all the newsletters and emailed it through to each editor.

There was more pricing and displaying to do with journals and jewellery.

I booked an appointment with The Gypsy for a new town resident.

I checked the mail, ordered my lunch and ripped up all the cardboard boxes to put into the recycle bin.

Our front door needed a good clean (as Adoring Husband pointed out)  but it seems that a lot of what looks like dirty fingerprints on the door frame are actually stains and I couldn't remove them ... but at least it's clean!

Another lady phoned to ask if she could join my 'already started' photography course (I agreed to accept her request).

I counted and set aside the banking.

By this afternoon, my desk was looking disgusting and I couldn't figure out where to even begin to clear/organise the horrific mess that lay before me! So I put that on my 'to do' list for tomorrow, which means that I'm going to have to work hard on the positive re-inforcement when I wake up in the morning!

Just before I left the shop this afternoon, there was some very heavy rain. The heavy showers didn't last long enough to cause any water damage in the shop and there didn't appear to be any leaks before I left. There has been no rain since - thank goodness.

AH helped me close the shop and then joined me for some grocery shopping before driving home ahead of me as I pedalled home.

Our dinner consisted of bangers (delicious pork sausages from the butcher) and mash and lots of greens, followed by a frozen fruit whip - I used frozen banana, pineapple and dragon fruit in the processor with coconut cream, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. I sprinkled shavings of premium organic dark chocolate and chopped macadamia nuts over the top. Phwoar it was good!

I expect to be in bed nice and early again tonight for another early start tomorrow, when I will ...

Nite all.

PS Happy birthday to Gentleman Jim for 13th xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gentleman Jim. Asked me to thank you very much and said to tell you he will try to live up to his name. Xx grannymus