Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 16, 2018

Another Woopsie

Adoring Husband informed me today that I didn't do my blog post last night!

That would be because I was frantically trying to finish creating 'day two' of my photography course - as you know, I do my best work under pressure - and even when I went to bed at 11pm last night, I still hadn't finished and had not figured out how I was going to fill three hours today.

This morning, I had an epiphany and it all fell into place perfectly.

Another lady joined my class today and I love the group who are incredibly keen to learn and are very proactive as they search through their cameras to find the various settings, helping each other and asking all the right questions.

One of the ladies is off on holidays on Monday and can't make the final week of the course, so I have volunteered to present the final three hours at her house after work tomorrow. She is a very good customer of The Happy Abode, was the first to put her name down for this course and was the first to pay in advance to ensure her place in the class. I'm happy to be flexible and accommodate her needs.

Hopefully, it will make all the difference for her holiday photos!

There is a camera to which I've been introduced in this class and two of my ladies have one. The Nikon Coolpix P900. It's worth around $600 on sale and from what I've seen, it's pretty amazing. The lens is 24-2000mm and takes amazing photos of the moon! It's very light and compact and I believe it would be a great camera for travel - especially for a less experienced photographer.

I never thought I'd be one to promote a Nikon, but so far, I'm very impressed with this one.

Because The Motivator is currently in Sydney, Adoring Husband was kind enough to 'man' the shop while I taught the class today. Unfortunately, he didn't make a sale, but luckily the day improved as far as sales go!

It was a pretty quiet night at the club tonight with only two of the usual crew in attendance. I won a little on the pokies but the ticket seller for the raffles forgot about me tonight and before I knew it, they were drawing the raffle and I didn't have any tickets to check.

It's now 10pm and I'm off to bed.

Before I go, I thought you might be interested in this video.  We are ALL deficient in magnesium - even if your Dr tells you that your blood tests show that your magnesium levels are good, this is not correct, because a blood test cannot measure accurate magnesium levels.

You might have trouble absorbing magnesium from food if you drink a lot of alcohol, if you have kidney problems, take certain medications, are Celiac or have long-lasting digestive problems.

Symptoms of magnesium deficiency are nausea, poor appetite, sleepiness and muscle weakness. Extreme cases can cause muscle spasms, cramps and tremors.

Over time, low magnesium can weaken your bones, trigger bad headaches, heighten your nerves and can damage your heart. It can also lead to low levels of calcium and potassium. Surgery can significantly reduce magnesium levels in your body.

Sooooooo ... here is a video to demonstrate how to make your own Magnesium Oil, which is the quickest and easiest way for your body to absorb magnesium - through your skin.



Easy peasy!

Nite all.

No comments: