Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Windy Wednesday

Cyclone Linda has been downgraded to a Low, but she is still packing a bit of a punch with gale force winds causing havoc in the area.

The winds are strong enough to keep people inside, which is not so good for business and it's a struggle to keep our signs upright - even the A-frame on the footpath was blown over a number of times.

Gusts over 60kph have been recorded today, which is a bit scary and can be quite damaging. It was strong enough to blow open our big glass shop doors.

Only three people braved the weather to become my customers today, but that gave me lots of time to tick a few things off my 'to do' list including contacting the Amateur Fishing Club regarding donations and sponsorship for the big fishing classic at Easter.

I feel like I didn't stop all day, but I can't even remember most of what I did!

I mailed Vegan Chickie's birthday present this afternoon - surprisingly BEFORE her birthday! I didn't even brave the wind gusts to check our mail during the day, instead waiting til after I closed the shop.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop and picked me up from work - I decided to leave my trike at home this morning because the weather was looking ominous and I wasn't sure that I could pedal against the wind!

We did a mini grocery shop where I bought three more pineapples to chop up and freeze ready for more fruity ice whips in our future. The pineapples are still sweet and juicy, so I think I will grab another three tomorrow. Pineapples are perfect for such a short period in the season, so I want to make the most of them while I can.

Pineapples are great for strengthening liver function and my liver was weakened by the medication that I took for my thyroid ten years ago, so I'll be pumping them into my belly whenever I can, along with other yellow fruit and veg.

Pineapples contain manganese which helps develop strong bones and connective tissue.

Eating pineapples helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration. They contain significant amounts of bromelain which aids digestion, helps reduce severe inflammation and helps in treating osteoarthritis.

Because of it's abundance of Vitamin C, it helps reduce mucus in the throat and nose and even though it's sweet, it's low in calories.

They are also delicious when ripe and in season!

Adoring Husband went a bit overboard when I asked him to buy some coconut cream today, so I made a big chicken tikka curry for dinner with cauliflower rice and papadums for dinner. There was some leftover fruit whip from last night which we had for dessert.

I was thwarted in my attempts to have an early night last night, so I will attempt to do so tonight!


5 Ways To Tell If A PINEAPPLE Is Ripe

Nite all.

No comments: