Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 6, 2018

Mindful Friday

The first 90 minutes of my day included three manic visits from The Little Mermaid, but after that, my day was filled with positive, happy people who filled The Happy Abode with fabulous energy and who made my work day very enjoyable.

I think the gale force winds literally blew everybody along the driveway to our door and they all walked in looking very windswept!

I worked the morning shift and The Motivator did the afternoon shift. Both of those shifts were equally busy, so we go to sleep smiling tonight.

It was necessary to order some more bags, purses and wallets today because it seems that everybody genuinely needed to replace their tattered and worn money holders this week. Unprecedented wallet and purse sales!

After such a big week, I was looking forward to a beverage at the club and spending time with the girls - even though there were only two of them there tonight. Babysitting duties, illness and holidays kept our numbers down, but Adoring Husband accompanied me tonight and between us, we were able to win 24 drinks.

The drinks can only be house wine or regular beer and since I don’t drink wine and Adoring Husband drinks lite beer, neither of us can use the prize, so we shared the cards with friends. It was still exciting the way I won it though and totally unexpected!

Now I must head to bed. My alarm told me to sleep over an hour ago, yet here I am!  The Motivator has two days off, so I’ll be working full days over the weekend. This means that I need to be on the ball. It will be my turn to take time off next week.

Have a great weekend everybody!







Nite all



No comments: