Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

All The Greatness

Yet another pleasant coffee morning with the girls - Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) and Beauty were the only two girls available for coffee today but I totally enjoyed their company for the hour that they were there.

This is the day where all the customers who came into The Happy Abode over the Easter weekend, returned with friends and family.

So far, the pattern shows almost complete silence during the hours of 12pm - 2pm but very busy in the mornings and the afternoons.

That's how it's been since the beginning of last week.

I worked from 9am - 1.30pm and it was crazy busy from 10am - 12pm. Apparently it was also crazy busy after I left, so it's been a good day!

It was nice to come home early and just sit back and relax.

Adoring Husband wasn't feeling too well, so he went to bed for a nap and we missed the monthly barbecue tonight. The wind was pretty strong, so I think it might have been a little unpleasant out there by the water, but the sunset certainly looked spectacular from our lounge room window, so I felt a bit disappointed that I wasn't near the water to get some good shots.

After AH woke from his nap, he fired up the barby to cook our snags and I made a salsa salad to have with them.

Now my alarm is telling me to go to bed, so I'm following orders and doing just that.

Nite all.

No comments: