Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy Arvo

Well, here I am at The Happy Abode and the clock tells me it's 4.22pm.

There have been plenty of customers through the door since I arrived at work just before 12.30pm and I'm expecting one more to arrive just before closing time to pay for the next Beginners Photography course.

The afternoon has gone quite quickly and Adoring Husband will arrive shortly to help me pack up and close the shop.

In the meantime, I'm browsing through some of the pamphlets that we brought home from the Gift Fair in Sydney and contemplating the sort of new stock that we can bring in with our next order.

We feel that we need to balance out our quality high end products with some fun or quirky items and I've just been perusing the 'alcohol' related products and 'caravan/camping' products.

If only money grew on trees!

Both of our donation vouchers for the fishing classic have now been redeemed - both of the indecisive winners took a long time to choose from our selection. Perhaps our vouchers should be for a lesser value next year - that should make it easier to choose!

... It's now three hours later! Beef casserole for Adoring Husband's dinner and grilled Barramundi from the takeaway for me. I made garlic butter asparagus to go with and for my dinner, I added tomato and avocado.

I need to drink more water because I think I'm a bit dehydrated - I've only had one glass of water all day - and THAT'S probably why I'm feeling so tired!

It's almost 7.30pm and I'm definitely ready for bed.

So I guess I'll sign off and lay my head upon my pillow.

Nite all.

No comments: