Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 27, 2018

What we Missed

I've missed two posts this week! The 22nd and 26th April were blog post free - sometimes life just gets in the way!

With all the excitement of our sunset cruise on Tuesday evening, I forgot to mention in that blog post, our coffee morning and all the fun we had opening the gifts that BGWLBH sent in the mail and also the gifts that The Motivator gave me that morning.




Beauty had already left to pick up The Blonde Bombshell from hospital and The Whinging Pom hadn't yet arrived because she had slept in.

These are photos of 'some' of the gifts from both of my friends, but I didn't bring all of them home - there are a few still at the shop. You have to agree that I was very spoilt!



It was a really fun morning and I think the girls enjoyed watching me open the presents as much as I enjoyed opening them!

The Motivator went to a lot of trouble to make the morning special for me by baking a paleo lemon birthday cake (which was delicious!), hanging balloons around my egg chair and sticking little 'happy birthday' signs around the shop. She sang 'happy birthday' about a gazillion times during the day.


Lady Lynn made her signature cheeseball (so yummy) and brought GF crackers adding a little birthday balloon to the pot.

There were candles and the girls sang happy birthday. It was a great morning.

I love my girls and I love my life.

Today is Friday and I had the day away from the shop. I had to get up early to do Adoring Husband's work while he's away and I discovered that I had slept all night with the front door unlocked. I never check that door because we rarely use it and if I ever open it, my habit is to immediately lock it when I close it.

Ah well, I'm still alive to tell the tale.

I spent some time with the old boys at The Seat of Knowledge this morning and came home feeling motivated enough to do some housework, but the motivation left me fairly rapidly lol and not a lot got done. I unpacked the groceries, mopped the floor and did a load of washing and some ironing. I sat for the remainder of the day, watching a movie, checking some emails, doing some study.

The day passed surprisingly fast and the Bowls Club was not lucky for me tonight, although we had a good sized group and it was a fun evening.

It's now well after 10pm and I need to sleep. There is AH's work to do in the morning and then off to the shop. So much to do!

Nite all.

No comments: