Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 23, 2018

It's All About Me!

Happy Birthday to me!


Thank you Lady Lynn for my very special birthday balloon. I *LOVE* it!!

It's been a lovely day.

I was up bright and early to attend meditation at the shop, followed by a walk along the beach with my camera for about an hour, during which I received a birthday phone call from Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.

I had an appointment with The Gypsy at 10.30am and she gave me some extra time especially because it was my birthday. She worked hard on some of my issues and I felt fabulous at the end of it.

I did some grounding along the beach for about thirty minutes after my appointment and then I returned home so that Adoring Husband could cook me a delicious lunch.

It's been a lazy afternoon - my favourite kind!

I received some beautiful birthday cards from Adoring Husband, The Motivator and The Whinging Pom.

Tomorrow, a parcel from BGWLBH should arrive in the mail - THAT should be fun!

Every phone call I received today began with the caller singing 'Happy Birthday', except for the call from Number One Son who refused to sing even after I told him he was the only one who didn't sing. I called him names. He didn't care. Grrrrrr.

My last call for the day was from Bubbles and both her and Knight in Shining Armour sang the song (take note Number One Son).

I have very much enjoyed my day and The Motivator tells me that she will have a special cake for me at the coffee morning tomorrow. I'm a bit excited about that.

Now it's 10.30pm and I need to get some rest.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Roz, Happy Birthday to you! 🥂