Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Great Expectations

It was quite a busy Saturday morning at The Happy Abode.

The windsurfers have brought with them some happy shoppers, so while the surfers are out on the water, their partners and families are wandering the streets looking for things to do and luckily for us, they have found The Happy Abode in their wanderings.

It was a really good morning and in the middle of all that, we've had to order some more Ivys bags and wallets because we've almost sold out of the huge order that we received just over a week ago!

We also received our new Lemongrass order on Friday and we've already sold a few pieces from that.

This afternoon, when we closed, I had to run a session of my last photography workshop for the lady who missed the first week.

She gave me some wonderful feedback, telling me what a good teacher I am because I'm so patient, I allow my students to learn at their own pace without force feeding them facts and figures and because I'm happy to answer questions no matter how silly they seem.

I was pleasantly surprised by this and felt a bit chuffed!

I finished editing most of the Anzac Day photos and sent them through to the most important person, The Duchess of Burrum. The photos need to be distributed elsewhere, so I'll do that tomorrow.

It was after 4pm by the time I rode up my own driveway. The psychotic dogs were starving hungry, so they were very happy to see me, as were the chookies! When I finished my few necessary chores, changed into my pyjamas, parked myself on the recliner chair and that's where I will remain until I deem it time to sleep.

I still have to edit the family shoot that I did last week. Stupidly, I volunteered for that shoot, when I could have just stopped and used their point and shoot camera to take some happy snaps, which was their original request. Sometimes I just have to learn to shut my mouth!

Today was very profitable for me in the way of donations. I scored some queen fish fillets from The Motivator and some limes, cucumbers and pawpaw from Beauty. This means that I eat for the weekend!

My blogging duty is now fulfilled, so I am signing off and enjoying a lazy evening doing whatever the hell I feel like!

Have a FABULOIUS Sunday!

Nite all.


No comments: