Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

It's All About Us!

Happy eighth anniversary to Adoring Husband and I.

We finally got to go on our sunset cruise this evening and it was positively beautiful until it wasn't.

... then the seasickness set in and the final 45 minutes seemed like two hours and all I wanted was to set foot on solid ground and find my equilibrium. I was horrifyingly close to throwing up over the side. Drinking water. Taking deep breaths. Focussing on the horizon. Wishing it was over.

Such relief when we finally made our way through the channel to the marina and stopped the boat.

Prior to the sickness, the captain and his offsider were so wonderful and attentive and interested in us and the other passengers. We talked cameras and discussed the options for his needs and he guided the boat at different angles so that we could get some great sunset shots through the iconic Urangan Pier.

Nature provided an amazing back drop with a massive rain cloud in the distance.

All the while Adoring Husband was in deep conversation with fellow passengers, a couple in their mid eighties, here from Melbourne. They had been out to our town the day before to look at a house, but have decided that they are too old to move. A nice couple.

As we headed back to shore, I could see some lightning behind a mass of cloud out to the west and by the time we were in the car heading home, that storm was moving quickly beside us and putting on a spectacular light show for our benefit.

Our dinner date didn't come to fruition because I was too ill after the cruise, so we cancelled our reservation and came directly home - in time to get the clothes off the line and bring the psychotic dogs onto the storm chair before the storm actually hit.

We were lucky enough to just catch the edge of the storm and it dumped some heavy rain on us for about thirty minutes and quickly disappeared north. Thank goodness because it was looking pretty violent from here.

Now, it's midnight. I'm feeling much better and I need to sleep so that I can be up early enough to act as photographer for the ANZAC march in the morning.

Nite all.

No comments: