Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Welcome to the Weekend

It was a fun Saturday morning at the shop with both of us on deck.

Lots of customers, not all in a buying mood, but definitely in cheeky, funny and talkative moods. A few from out of town ie Howard, Toogoom, Toowoomba and Childers. It's nice to know that the word about our lovely shop is spreading - even if the locals still don't know we're here!

As I left our house this morning, our neighbour across the road asked if I was 'off for a morning ride'. When I told him I was going to work, he said "Work?"

So I told him about The Happy Abode, and he was totally unaware of it's existence! My neighbour!

He knows about it now and tells me that he will come for a sticky beak some time soon.

The Motivator and I got a lot done today between customers and we both left right on closing time.

My first stop was at Pelican Manor for a family photo shoot. It was a spur of the moment, short notice gathering of many family members and I have to say they were the funniest, happiest group of people  to photograph.

I told them that we had a 30 minute window of opportunity so they were very compliant and moved quickly into each separate group. They were constantly laughing and smiling so the photos were quick and easy.

It took exactly 30 minutes!

I've had a relaxing afternoon and evening with Adoring Husband and I fried up some whiting fillets to have with salad for dinner.

It's now 7.45pm and I'm considering an early bed time. I've had no coffee today, so my body is running on natural energy alone. I must remember to drink LOTS of water while I'm detoxing from caffeine!


Have a fabulous Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: