Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Busy and Important

It's been a day and a half!

It all started at 5am when my alarm went off and I had to get up and get myself ready to be picked up at 6.10am for the Chamber of Commerce meeting at Arkarra Gardens.

I was expecting a small crowd and a boring event, but instead I found a HUGE crowd of people and an interesting morning packed to the brim with information and some Mayoral candidates actually worth listening to.

I followed The Motivator around while she networked and made valuable connections with different business owners and other important industry professionals, until we sat down for breakfast, which was enjoyable, followed by Q&A with the candidates.

They were five very different people, each with their own field of expertise and each with their own solid ideas about what they could bring to the table if they were voted into the position. They weren't given very long to answer each question so they had to provide a lot of information in their three minute response, which made for an informative meeting.

At the end, we had the opportunity to mark a ballot paper with our unofficial vote, to give them an indication of how they performed.

I'm really glad that we made the effort to attend because we got our name out there and even received some helpful advice which we will follow through on.

We arrived back at the shop before opening time and had the chance to debrief and discuss how we see our future as far as our involvement with TCOC is concerned.

The remainder of the day was quite slow because it's the usual quiet pension Wednesday where everybody travels into The Bay to do their shopping.

We did take delivery of a box of hemp hats which we'll price and display tomorrow. We should also receive one more delivery of La Vida stock tomorrow, which will be exciting!

After we closed the shop, we had just four hours to kill until we left the house again to attend the Progress Association monthly meeting at the hall.

It was our first meeting of it's kind and it was interesting to watch the dynamics of the members and see the 'power play' at work.

I don't see how they support the current businesses in town, and I know that they have encouraged 'out of area' businesses to compete at our local markets and other events, so they don't really have our best interests at heart.

It would take a lot of convincing for me to become a member or return for another meeting.

It's almost 11.30pm and I'm exhausted!

Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment, so The Motivator is doing the early shift. I can't believe how quickly this week has flown!

For now, it's bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: