Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 16, 2018

The Beginning

It's been a great beginning to the week.

It all started with meditation this morning. More 'aha' moments for me. I learn something new about myself every week. I'm learning how to build on my strengths and work on weaker areas of myself to help bring more love and clarity to my life.

I think we all had some aha moments this morning which made the whole process more enjoyable.

There was a steady flow of customers in the morning and enough quiet time in the afternoon that we got a lot done.

I actually cleared another 3000 emails and only have 700 remaining! That's almost 8000 emails cleared in two days! I will work hard at keeping them under control from here on in.

We got to talk with a special customer who has the most amazing spiritual energy and she always makes us feel good while she's in the shop and even after she leaves.

The day was even better because we got to leave the shop at 3pm. In a business sense, the long days over the holidays were worth it, but they took a lot out of us and we are really happy to be doing the shorter hours again. It feels like we have control of our lives again.

Working from 9am - 5pm every day of the week is crazy. We love the work we do and we love being in our shop, yet working those hours was incredibly draining because there was not enough time in the day to do all the other things that we're responsible for, and no time for self care either.

Luckily for us, travel time is minimal, but people in the city have to travel about an hour each way (I remember it well) and that takes a big chunk out of your day. It takes away from your family, your partner, your social life, the housework, self-care and everything else in your life.

In this situation, we are lucky to have each other.

We take care of ourselves and we take care of each other and make sure we don't get bogged down with unnecessary stuff. We make sure we get extra time off when we need it. We've got each other's backs.

Now I'm going to bed because it's approaching 11pm and that's past my 'go to bed alarm time'! I had a late night last night and an early start, so I need to catch up on that.

I wonder how many will turn up for morning coffee tomorrow?

Nite all.


No comments: