Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Perfect Sunday

I can't imagine a better day off than the one I had today.

I woke at 7am, just because I was ready to wake up. No alarm, no startling sounds, no outside influence, just an easy, slow entry into the day. I lay in bed just thinking and breathing and looking and feeling for about twenty minutes.

Then I read for a while. I played Words With Friends.

Adoring Husband surprised me with breakfast in bed and a takeaway coffee. *LOVE*

I mucked around in Facebook for a long time (still in my pyjamas in bed!).

Study came to the fore at one stage and I did some work on stuff I've been avoiding for a while and using 'not enough time' as an excuse, so I'm very happy to achieved that today.

I listened to some music (still in my pyjamas in bed!) and I watched some long training videos. I created some extra content for my next photography course. I ate potato chips and I drank lots of water.

I got out of bed once to walk into the back yard and collect some chillies from The Leggy Blonde, my back neighbour and the second time, at 5.30pm, was to cook dinner.

We had pork sausages in onion gravy with potato and sweet potato mash and a big buttery fry up of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, bacon, garlic and cayenne pepper. Dessert was the usual fruit whip ice-cream.

I returned to bed at 7pm for a special reason.

There are three shows on TV at the same time. Bachelor in Paradise. My Kitchen Rules. The Voice.

So Adoring Husband watched My Kitchen Rules and recorded it at the same time as recording The Voice, while I watched Bachelor in Paradise in the bedroom.

Now I'm in the lounge room thinking back on my Sunday. So lazy and delicious and perfect.

I'm off to bed now - to sleep!

Meditation tomorrow morning!



Nite all.

No comments: