Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 20, 2018

Friendly Friday

It was a nice day at the shop today.

Very quiet in the morning, which meant that I could price and display the stock that arrived on Thursday. The Motivator did a lot of it yesterday and I still haven't finished, so we'll have to clean up the loose ends on Saturday morning.

The afternoon saw quite a few friendly customers, mostly people at the end of their holiday and almost all of them were in for a chat.

I didn't get to close the shop until about 3.15pm but it was worth staying open that little bit longer.

Adoring Husband appeared in his SES uniform just as I was leaving. He had been at a meeting all day in The Bay and came to see if I needed help to close.

Before I rode home, I had to go to the Post Office.

Our group was very light on at the club tonight. Beauty and The Beast were there, as was Grumpy Old Fart and Trivia King. That was it.

I was feeling quite unwell and almost called AH to come pick me up early. I started to feel a little better just before the raffle was drawn, so I stayed for that ... though none of us won a prize.

I had a bit of luck on the pokies.

It was wet and stormy as we left the club and we drove home in the rain. There were also a LOT of mosquitoes and I got eaten alive in the bus.

Of course I had to cook dinner when I got home, which was San Choy Bow made with pork mince. I haven't cooked this dish for about ten years and now that we've had it again, I think it will be a regular weekly meal.

Now I need some sleep. I have to work in the morning which will be followed by a quick family photo shoot on the way home.

It's going to be a big weekend!

Nite all.

 

No comments: