Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

All Alone

This was my Tuesday morning with the girls ...


... but gosh I got productive in that time!

At 11am, the Whinging Pom arrived with Whispering Jack and a tray of coffee because she knew that nobody had come for our usual coffee get together. I thought that was a lovely gesture!

Of course, everybody had a legitimate reason for not being at The Happy Abode ... not they even need one, because our gatherings are supposed to be fun and frivolity and nobody should ever feel obligated to attend.

It was a nice day at the shop, but it was a hot day outside of the shop! That was the general comment as people came through our doors.

The Motivator had the late shift today, so I got to leave at 1pm, which was nice.

We've decided to share paleo meals with each other. I cooked a spaghetti bolognese sauce to share with her and she cooked butter chicken for us!

I had already planned crumbed fish for dinner tonight, so it will be butter chicken for dinner tomorrow night for us, and I have some broccoli and cauliflower to make brocoflower rice to go with it.

Tonight I coated our snapper fillets with tapioca flour, then dipped them in egg and lemon juice, then coated them in almond meal/salt/lemon zest. I shallow fried them in coconut oil and served them with a garden salad and a wedge of fresh lemon.

Bloody nice!

On Wednesday morning, The Motivator and I have to attend a 'Meet the Mayoral candidates' breakfast at Arkarra Gardens. Under normal circumstance, this might be a pleasant experience, but in this instance, having to get out of bed at 5am to be ready to leave the house at 6am is not a prospect that I'm excited about!

I struggle to be 'nice' to people in the early hours of the morning, so it's going to be a hell of a stretch for me!

This being our first official event in our capacity as local business operators, means that we have to be on our best behaviour - not that it's a problem for The Motivator - but it's going to be a challenge for me! My advice to myself is "Smile and nod. Smile and nod." Ha ha.

It's now 9.30pm and I am already in bed, so it's time to sleep. Must be fresh for my early start in the morning!

Nite all.

No comments: