Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Feelin' Racy

Today was RACE DAY!!

The challenge was on!! Had to triple tie my hair in a bun, zip up the jacket, double hair net for extra protection, squeeze on the helmet, slide the sunnies through the eye slot...


... struggle to get down low into the go kart seat ... then to discover that the pedals and steering wheel were in a position that my dodgy knee couldn’t manoeuvre around.


So my money was refunded and I had to watch Adoring Husband and No. 1 Son from trackside.


The boys chased each other around the track for thirty minutes, both of them experiencing mishaps on the track, but nothing to cause injury.

I had psyched myself into enjoying this adventure for what it was, so I was quite disappointed when I couldn't fulfil the challenge.

Afterwards, we shopped til we dropped - for stuff that we needed at home and also for the shop. We grabbed some sushi for lunch while we were at Stocklands and on the way home, we planned to go fishing on the beach.

We stopped at the shop to drop off the mail and the purchases that I'd made at Office Works while AH ordered our coffee and No. 1 Son bought some bait for the fishing trip.

After I unpacked the groceries and AH organised the fishing rods and tackle box, we drove to the beach where the boys fished and I walked the sand with my camera ...








No fish were caught but we felt the serenity, breathed the fresh air, felt the sand between our toes (well I did anyway) and enjoyed the beauty of nature for almost two hours.

Empty handed, we returned home to prepare an easy dinner of steak on the barbecue, buttered mushroom and onions, boiled potatoes in the jacket and a big garden salad.

Fruit whip ice cream for dessert followed by disappointment that the usual football is not on TV this weekend!

I'll be requiring another early night to bed and tomorrow we will be farewelling No. 1 son because his five days are all over red rover. How quick was that?! Crazy quick.

I think he had a good time. There was not a lot of excitement, but I think that's the idea of having a holiday from Sydney ... the serenity and the laziness and the stress free environment. It was all about the food and the complete lack of pressure.

I've enjoyed having No 1 Son here and I hope he doesn't leave it another five years before visiting us again. AH has enjoyed No. 1 Son's company as well. Even though the boys ganged up on me a bit, I'm tough and can handle it! 

Bloody Blues supporters!

Nite all.

No comments: