Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 23, 2018

My Pleasure

It was so nice to be back at work today.

There were lots of customers to fill my morning and in between, I wandered through the shop admiring our wares and feeeeeeeeeeling the serenity.

More annual visitors are arriving in town and questioning whether we were here this time last year, which of course, we were not BUT we are getting close to one year open!

I guess we should start thinking about a birthday celebration to share with the community!

Adoring Husband dropped me off at work this morning but forgot that we close at 1pm on Saturdays and I had to message him at 2.30pm to come get me. It was ok because I had plenty to do and a couple of late customers dropped in before I brought in the flags and signs.

I was very spoilt this afternoon, when AH cooked roast chicken and vegetables in the barbecue. He did the chicken on the rotisserie and made some gravy with my chicken bone broth. We had potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, onion, asparagus and broccoli.

He still has great cooking skills and it was delicious!

He's in bed right now and I just took the dogs in ... he was laying in the bed with the lights out and no TV (very unusual) but said he was listening to some hooning in the distance and was waiting to hear a crash. I hope not.

I received a private message on Facebook today, from a friend's daughter (who I also consider a friend) and she is marrying her girlfriend in Melbourne in November this year. She has asked me if I will do the photography for her wedding!

I feel incredibly honoured that she has asked me, but I haven't made a decision yet. There is much to consider and a few questions that I need answered, as well as discussing it with some important people who will be affected by my decision.

I am strongly leaning towards a 'yes' but we will see.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I have some washing to do, but aside from that, it's going to be a lazy day for me. I can't wait.


I'm even having an early night tonight!

I just saw an ad for Fox Classics movie channel having a Doris Day week of movies next week! OMG I love Doris Day. I'll be watching!

Enough from me for now.

Nite all.

No comments: