Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 22, 2018

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet!

That's how fast the five days went by!

We left a bit too early to drive No. 1 Son straight to the airport, so we stopped at Hervey Norman's to pick up my photos.

While we were there, we looked at some toasters, because two of the four slots in our ten year old toaster no longer work.

We happened across some 'end of the range' kitchen appliances on sale for less than half price and decided to buy a matching kettle and toaster in this gorgeous yellow ...



... unfortunately, when we arrived home, we discovered that one of the elements in the new toaster also didn't work, so Adoring Husband took another trip into town to return it. We were told when we bought it that it was the last one in the shop, so we were expecting to have our money returned, but it turns out that Bundaberg has one there, so it will be sent down next week.

From there, we drove to the airport and enjoyed a coffee while we waited with No. 1 Son for his flight to depart. The plane arrived at the time when he should have been boarding but we said our farewells and AH and I left the airport as the plane landed on the tarmac.

We drove across town to Tinkerbells where, on Wednesday, I had seen a ring that I thought would look fabulous with the turquoise pendant I bought a few months ago. I took the pendant with me today because I wanted to check that the colour closely matched it. It wasn't a perfect match, but was close enough for me, so I bought it. It was on sale at 40% off so that was my second bargain for the day!

After my time off this week to spend with No. 1 Son, The Motivator is going to take a few deserving days off, so I'd best get some sleep so that I can be bright and breezy for work tomorrow.

I'm excited to be returning to the shop.


Nite all.

No comments: