Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 18, 2018

He's Baaaa-aaaack!

After five years, Number One Son has returned and arrived safe n sound.


We picked him up from the airport at lunch time.

Because the light is so bright behind the entrance tunnel to the airport, everybody is a black silhouette as they enter the terminal so I had trouble recognising him from all the other big tall men with hairy faces!!

We decided on Aqua Vue for lunch, ran some errands around town, stopped at Dr Dan's, ordered some photo prints from Hardly Normal's and drove home where we gave Number One Son a tour of the shop, introduced him to The Motivator and helped bring everything inside so that she could shut up shop.

Finally, we made our way home.

The Psychotic dogs gave him a loud and crazy welcome, but have settled now and spend a lot of time staring at him.

I think No 1 Son has brought the Winter weather with him because even 'I' am wearing long sleeves today and tonight!

After such a big day, everyone is now snug and warm in bed and I am about to follow suit. I'm working in the morning and I'm looking forward to having coffee with the girls.

*yawn*

Nite all.

No comments: