Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Done and Dusted

It was another AMAZING day of the workshop and now it's all over.

The ladies were fantastic. Their camera knowledge improved so much over the weekend as they shared information and supported each other. Then we enjoyed time on the beach putting everything into practice.


It really didn't feel like work at all and I was impressed not only with the way their photography improved over two days, but also by their warmth, laughter and generosity.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire weekend and feel so grateful to have been able to inspire these ladies and share the time with them.

Over the years, photography has brought me so much joy on so many levels, and now I've found yet avenue to enjoy the craft. I really hope that this is the beginning of many inspirational weekends of photography pleasure!

I got an early night last night and was in bed well before 9.30pm and asleep before 10pm. I didn't set my alarm because I always wake at 6am, at which time I can decide whether to go back to sleep or get up.

As Murphy's Law should dictate, Adoring Husband had to wake me at 8am!! This meant that I had slept for ten hours!! Unheard of, and it also meant that I had to rush around like a chook with it's head cut off to get to the class on time!

Ugh.

I arrived at the shop at 8.50am and the ladies all arrived smack on 9am, so it all worked out in the end.

Tomorrow, Number One Son arrives for a five day visit!

It's been four years since BGWLBH and I visited him in Oakey during a road trip and it's been five years since he was here for a visit.

That's a LONG time!

I'll have Monday, Wednesday and Friday off to spend some time with him.

So I'd best get some sleep so that I can be bright and breezy when he arrives tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: