Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fabulously Fun

The Royal Chaser and her husband arrived very early at the shop today, so we got to chat and catch up before Best Cousin in the World arrived.

When BCITW arrived, we all walked to the cafe and sat down, but realised that it was only 11am and we were not ready to eat yet so we decided to go for a walk along the river and sit in the park to chat.

More than two hours later, after much fun and laughter and getting to know each other a bit more, we headed back to the cafe for lunch.

We all parted company just before 3pm.

It was a good day and I really enjoyed spending time with them. If we lived closer, I think we would be great social friends with The Royal Chaser and her husband - she is a real laugh and a half and has no fear - up for almost anything!

Sadly, none of us thought to take a photo so there is no proof that today even happened!

After they left, I returned to the shop and helped The Motivator finish installing the lights in our glass cabinets. She's the brains of the operation. I'm the trades assistant.

Four boxes of stock arrived while I was out today, so she will have fun unpacking it all while I have my couple of days off.

Adoring Husband had SES duties this evening so I had another pleasant evening alone watching Gogglebox and The Bachelorette.

I've found a fabulous meditation for sleep called 'Deep Sleep Hypnosis'

It goes for about 20 minutes.

I was in bed listening to it for the first time two nights ago, and after ten minutes, I thought to myself "this isn't working".

I don't remember anything after that because I fell into a deep sleep and didn't wake up for more than eight hours!

Last night I listened to it again and after ten minutes I thought to myself "last night was a fluke. this isn't working"

I don't remember anything after that and I woke up seven hours later.

So I believe I am onto a winner.

It's now almost 9.30pm and I'm off to bed for another sound sleep.

Love it.

Nite all.

No comments: