Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Pain again?!

Not sciatica this time.

My neck.

It seems that I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and my neck and shoulders are suffering greatly.

It's all the bad energy rolling around my house at the moment.

I have a big hole in my back yard and piles of fine dusty dirt blowing through the house and absolutely no satisfactory progress from any trades person. The builder is now out of the country due to a family medical emergency and we have a new concrete guy coming tomorrow to give us a quote because the last guy can't do it now.

The only real progress that I can see, is what Adoring Husband has done, otherwise there's been a bunch of guys scratching their heads trying to work around problems.

Having done some research tonight, I've found exactly what I want for much less money than we've been quoted for and I'm rethinking the whole deal.

So anyway ...

The Motivator gave me two very deep neck and shoulder massages today and I'm feeling a lot better, BUT I also feel bruised and battered haha. I couldn't even turn my head left or right this morning so it was very tricky riding my trike not being able to look for cars properly when I had to cross a road!

I have much more movement now.

I spent a couple of hours at the shop today but I didn't do any work. I'd planned to help unpack the stock that arrived on Wednesday afternoon, but I don't think I was capable of much at all. I spent some time sitting by myself in the training room on a beanbag resting after my first massage.

Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) came in to talk some business and then the Pool Gal came in to organise a trip into The Bay to check out some pool colours, so it was lucky that I was there.

Adoring Husband has had a busy SES week and tonight is no exception, so I'm climbing into bed for another early night - I was a bit restless last night, but I think that was my late coffee yesterday afternoon.

I have another day off tomorrow.

R&R

Nite all.

No comments: