Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Miss Me?

Surprisingly, I was in bed by 8.30pm and asleep before 9pm.

When I woke this morning, I remembered that I didn't do my blog post!

To anyone who cares ... sorry about that.

After nine hours of fairly solid sleep, I woke feeling refreshed and lay in bed thinking what a fabulous day I was going to have.

Then Adoring Husband began getting ready for SES and couldn't find his shirts - stomping through the house swearing - then he couldn't find his belt - stomping through the house swearing - then he couldn't find his garage remote - stomping through the house swearing.

By the time I did everything to tidy up his loose ends and then get myself ready for work, I had just enough time to grab myself a coffee and open the shop right on nine.

The ladies all arrived for our coffee morning, but so did a whole stack of customers and for the 2.5 hours that the ladies were at the shop, I only got to sit with them for about twenty minutes.

Not that I'm complaining!

The whole day was busy until we had a blackout at around 2.20pm - a few people came in during the blackout but only one of them made a purchase. Without power, we could only make cash sales but some items were put aside for customers to return tomorrow to make payment.

All round, it was a very good day as far as sales go.

Three lots of deliveries arrived, so in between customers, I priced and displayed the new stock.

I left the shop some time after 4.30pm - just as the power came back on.

Adoring Husband had more SES stuff tonight, so I made a quick chicken curry for dinner and then had a couple of hours to myself while he attended his important meeting.

Tomorrow, I get to spend time with Best Cousin in the World and The Royal Chaser.

I met The Royal Chaser about seven years ago in Toowoomba when I attended a photography course at the University there. It was the first time I'd seen BCITW for about 30 something years and we did the course together.

The Royal Chaser is holidaying in The Bay this week while her new house in Toowoomba is being tiled. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (The Duke and Duchess of Sussex) were in The Bay and spent a night on Fraser Island - so The Royal Chaser went chasing.

She was disappointed that she got just a fleeting glimpse.

We will all (NOT the Duke and Duchess) have lunch together tomorrow and I'll take a couple of hours off work to make the most of their visit.

It's already 10pm so I'm off to bed.

Early start tomorrow for meditation.

Nite all.

No comments: